birding-aus

Port Botany container

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Port Botany container
From: "TERRILL NORDSTROM" <>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:33:49 +1100
For the last two weeks I have been reading the ten yes ten volume EIS for the Port Botany container development proposal. Some birding Aus readers would have us believe that this will be the best thing to happen to the waders of Botany Bay since ( I don't know,say the third runway) Filling in almost 70 hectares of Botany Bay, enclosing Penrhyn Estuary on three sides with railway lines a four lane road bridge and train bridge operating 24-7, but there will be environmental works to off set these works such as replanting sea grass, salt marsh and constructing wader habitat within a enclosed Estuary. I believe that the bird clubs should become involved with this fight and I would be happy to talk to anybody about this development. The fight to stop this development is just about to begin.
                                           Regards Terrill