birding-aus

Pacific bazas in West Pymble?

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Pacific bazas in West Pymble?
From: "warragal" <>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:55:53 +1100
Hi all,
I was listening to  birdline NSW today when I heard about a pair of pacific Bazas with two fledged young in West Pymble,Sydney.
Does anyone know who reported this sighting and its where about,because I believe this is the same pair that were nesting in Sheldon Forest on the border of Pymble and Turramurra.
They left about 4 weeks ago, but just before the 4 birds left,I found a third chick on the ground about 10 meters from the tree where it was born,this bird was very undeveloped compared to its two siblings which were well fledged.
When I found this bird it was late but I decided to leave it just in case the parents might have found it,however they didn't and after calling WIRES for help, at about 8:00 pm that night I went down, collected the chick and kept him inside my home for the night in a quiet dark room,with a hot water bottle.
The next morning at 9:00am the chick was collected by a WIRES carer.
She told me that she would contact me in a couple of days to let me know about the progress of the chick unfortunately she did not.
Cheers,
Kurtis Lindsay