birding-aus

2 questions

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: 2 questions
From: Gary Davidson <>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 06:01:34 -0500 (EST)
Hello,
I have recently arrived in Australia form Canada.  I will be living in Kingston, Tas for the coming year.  I have been in Australia before, so do some familiarity with Australian birds.  But I have two questions...... for now.  I may have many more in the coming year!
(1)  If ornithology in Australia is anything like it is in North America, then there have been a number of name changes and reclassifications of some of the birds since I was here last.  Where can I get an up to date bird list of Australian birds?
(2)  Is there a member of this group who lives in the Hobart region?  I would like to make contact with some local birders.

Thank you
Gary Davidson