birding-aus

Very short trip report: Mimosa Rocks NP, NSW South Coast

To: Lawrie Conole <>, BIRDING-AUS <>
Subject: Very short trip report: Mimosa Rocks NP, NSW South Coast
From: Mike Carter <>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 11:34:42 +0000
Laurie,

If you found 20-30 pale morph Wedge-tailed Shearwaters I would expect there
to have been over 5,000 dark morphs. Were there? In which museum did you
deposit these specimens? Although not common, the rather similar Buller's
Shearwater would be more common along that coast, could you perhaps be
mistaken?
Was it onshore gales when you were at Picnic Point? Tahiti Petrels are not
common and almost unknown close inshore. Did you satisfactorily eliminate
Phoenix Petrel and Taiko?

Mike Carter
30 Canadian Bay Road
Mt Eliza    VIC     3930