birding-aus

Garden visitor

Subject: Garden visitor
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:36:40 +1100
Hi all,

Sitting at my computer today I was distracted from my concentration by a
familiar vivacious scolding just outside the window, and looked out to find
a Rockwarbler in the garden. My house is surrounded on three sides by a
rock retaining wall which I guess makes it like a tiny piece of Rockwarbler
heaven, but apart from that it's about one and a half kilometres to the
nearest serious Rockwarbler habitat. The bird gradually worked its way
around the house as I watched it through the windows only a metre or so
away, snatching insects and spiders from crevices in the rocks and cobwebs
on the wall of the house. I knew there had to be a good reason not to clean
those cobwebs away!

In the past I've had a Rockwarbler find its way to my garden every 2 or 3
years - always a nice surprise.

Cheers

Carol

Carol Probets