birding-aus

Common Noddy at Black Head, Gerroa, NSW

Subject: Common Noddy at Black Head, Gerroa, NSW
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:03:04 +1100
Hi all,

Nathan Waugh discovered a Common Noddy on the rock platform
at Black Head (about 1.5 hrs south of Sydney CBD) yesterday
at around 2:30pm. I went to check it out at 5:00pm and after
an hours wait finally found it being harassed by a large
flock of Silver Gulls and Crested Terns. I was able to take
some photos if anyones interested. I think the bird is a
juvenile as there are some light brown markings on its wings
(?).

I tried finding it today at around 11:00am, but it was not
to be found.

Cheers,
Nigel