birding-aus

Little Stint at Altona, VIC

To: "Vin" <>, "BIRDING-AUS" <>
Subject: Little Stint at Altona, VIC
From: "Mike Carter" <>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:53:05 -0000

I hope you didn't think that the 'Little Stint' banded at Werribee (my report on 30.12.03) is unique in carrying an orange leg flag. Thousands of Red-necked Stints are similarly marked. Send me your photo and I'll give you my opinion. Apparently even this 'in-hand' bird requires further analysis to confirm the identity.

Mike Carter
30 Canadian Bay Road
Mt Eliza    VIC     3930
Ph:  (03) 9787 7136