birding-aus

Emu Eating Golf Balls

To: "Wynton Maddeford" <>
Subject: Emu Eating Golf Balls
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:30:20 +1000
Hi All,

I'm a firm believer that some golfers will use any excuse to avoid dropping
a ball and losing a shot.
My excuse is that generally, I have more luck finding birds than my own
golf balls.

And  therefore, I would suggest that I should only be invited to field
trips as opposed to golf days.

( For those Golfers who understand my situation - happy birding )

Kind Regards,

Simon Hayes

                      "Wynton Maddeford"

                      <>            To:

                      Sent by:                            cc:

                                Subject:
[BIRDING-AUS] Emu Eating Golf Balls
                      cnet.net.au

                      13/01/04 18:29

Hi All,

Heard from a fellow golfer that last Friday on the Araluen Golf Course
near Perth he personally saw an Emu swallow his golf ball. In addition they
could not find the golf balls of his playing partners and it is presumed
the Emu swallowed these as well. It appears this Emu has done this before
and it begs the question whether the balls are small enough to be excreted
or do they remain inside the bird?

Regards
Wynton Maddeford

E-mail just got a whole lot better. New ninemsn Premium. Upgrade now!
Birding-Aus is on the Web at
www.shc.melb.catholic.edu.au/home/birding/index.html To unsubscribe from
this mailing list, send the message "unsubscribe birding-aus" (no quotes,
no Subject line) to