birding-aus

Buckley's Hole 2003 and booklet requests

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Buckley's Hole 2003 and booklet requests
From: "Trevor Ford" <>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 00:17:44 +1000
G'day,

The year ended with the total number of species having been recorded at
Buckley's Hole remaining at 250 - I personally recorded 178 species there
during the year. Let's see what next year brings - maybe a re-appearance of
the Laughing Gull, or perhaps the Franklin's Gull will travel north?
Hopefully the revegetation programme proposed by Caboolture Shire Council
will proceed with integrity.

Many thanks for all of the replies asking for a copy of the Buckley's Hole
booklet. A couple of days ago I emailed everybody who requested one - if you
did so but have not heard from me then you replied to the wrong email
address. Please use  for any communication. I
will get the printing done next week and will only print sufficient copies
to satisfy demand. If you have emailed me with congratulations on this
monumental achievement, etc., make no assumption that you will receive a
copy of the booklet if you have not requested one.

It would seem that the way to impress at this year's cocktail parties is to
know when the Lewin's Rail was in front of the hide at Buckley's Hole.

Cheers - Trevor.