birding-aus

Australian Aves Information Source

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Australian Aves Information Source
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:32:24 +1000
G'day all

List members may be interested to know that the
Biological Resource Study Department of Environment and Heritage
has a Web Page: ..
Australian Faunal Directory - Checklist for AVES

It is at

It is a big page and the download at my 24Kbps was slow !

With long hyperlinks I often paste them into the MS Run facility -
- Copy the above hyperlink (Ctrl + C)
- Click Start (on LH of bottom toolbar),
- Click Run,
- Paste the Hyperlink into the Open Box (Ctrl + V)
- Click OK ... (and wait)

The home page states it can be Downloaded as a Rich Text file OR as an HTML table, to import into a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel.

Once open, I found what I was after very quickly, by using Microsoft's Search facility ( Ctrl + F)

The page appears to include the new splits. Well it did for the one I checked.

Regards
Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.