birding-aus

Fw: [SABN] FW: Parrot

To: <>
Subject: Fw: [SABN] FW: Parrot
From: "michael hunter" <>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 16:41:24 +1100

      Subject: FW: Parrot

      A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a
      bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's
      mouth was rude, obnoxious, and laced with profanity. John tried and
      tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite
      words,
      playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean up"
      The bird's vocabulary. Finally John was fed up and he yelled at the
      parrot. The
      parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier
      and
      even more rude. John, in desperation, threw up his hands, grabbed the
      bird
      and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and
      kicked
      and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard
      for
      over a minute. Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened
      the
      door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's
      outstretched
      arm and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language
      and
      actions. I am sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions
      and I
      Fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable
      behavior."
      John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about
      to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior,
      the bird continued, "May I ask what the chicken did?" .

      .