birding-aus

Snipe feeding adaptation

Subject: Snipe feeding adaptation
From: Michael Todd <>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 09:15:21 +1100
Hello Niven,

This ability is discussed in "The Snipes" by Leslie Tuck (1972- Canadian Wildlife Service) but he doesn't actually give it a name. He does say that it has long interested scientists and lists 4 references - all pre 1930.

Amazing photo by the way. Absolutely bizarre. If you find out that its got a name I'd love to know.

Cheers

Mick Todd