birding-aus

re: Vic 'thon rules

Subject: re: Vic 'thon rules
From: (Andrew Taylor)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:31:02 +1100
On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 07:17:47PM +1100,  wrote:
> In the UK they have an environmentally friendly version of the
> Twitchathon. No fossil fuels allowed! On your bike...

Interesting.  Imagine Whacked-Out Woodswallows clad in team lycra
screaming across the western plains in racing formation from site to site.
It'd look good for the film crew.

Or you could add twitching to cycling, I can see Lance Armstrong sitting
up in the saddle half way up Alpe d'Huez to tick off Wallcreeper for
the time bonus.  In the background there would be commentary from Phil
Liggett describing how Eddy Merckx ticked off Lammergier here on this
stage to take the lead in the 1971 Tour.

Andrew

Birding-Aus is now on the Web at