birding-aus

RFI Griffith/West Wyalong

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: RFI Griffith/West Wyalong
From: "Lynn" <>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 19:18:49 +1100
Hi all

Travelling down early December for a Phil Maher Plains Wanderer weekend. I will overnight at WW or Griffith on the way down and back. I have seen some recent postings from Alan Morris and Edwin Vella about these areas, so have a vague idea where I am going. Target species I will be looking for include

Chestnut-rumped Thornbill
Gilberts Whistler
Red-Lored Whistler
Chestnut Quail-thrush
Painted Honeyeater
Shy Hylacola
Black-eared Cuckoo
Turquoise Parrot

If any of you locals ,Mick Todd ?, have some more specific directions on where I might look for these species at this time of the year please e-mail me privately with directions.
Also if anyone is available on either the Friday 5/12/3, or Monday 8/12/3 morning and wants to go birding around the Griffith area that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Dick Jenkin
DUNGOG NSW