birding-aus

Victorian Titchathon

To: Alan Morris <>,
Subject: Victorian Titchathon
From: john boyce <>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:43:39 +1100
Hi Alan,
I think this is due to the vagaries of the 8hr open system. That is the
8 hr open could be done up to a week or two before the actual day (I
think), thus allowing you to be in two events at once (meaning that
there is probably only one Margaret Cameron, although she should answer
that one herself).
In fact I think that you could do the 24hr, 8hr open and 8hr all at the
same time. All you have to do is start counting from 6 am on the
Saturday and tally for 8 hrs that day (8 hr open), start tallying for
the 24 hr event at 3pm on the saturday (while still tallying the 8 hr
open event) and then on the Sunday start tallying the 8hr event (as well
as keep tallying for the 24hr event). Now how confusing would that
be!!??
John Boyce