birding-aus

Scarlet Honeyeaters in urban areas.

To: <>
Subject: Scarlet Honeyeaters in urban areas.
From: "Alan Morris" <>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:27:59 +1000
Hi Birders,

Re Simon Hayes comments about Scarlet Honeyeaters at Ryde, Sydney. It has been my expereince where there is a heavy flowering of Bottle Brushes ( particularly Callistemon citrinus & linearis and their cultivars), as there is in many urban streets at present both in Sydney and the Central Coast, that is a good time to for listen for and look for Scarlet Honeyeaters coming to the blossums. In some Central Coast suburbs recently I have heard and seen Scarlet Honeyeaters in bottle brushes!

Alan Morris