birding-aus

Australian Hobby at Woy woy

To: "K,K&E Lindsay" <>
Subject: Australian Hobby at Woy woy
From: Peter Pfeiffer <>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:50:05 +0930
At 04:54 PM 10/9/2003 +1000, you wrote:
Hi all,
Yesterday I saw an Australian hobby on the powerlines that go over the train track at Woy woy

        I was observing a breeding pair of Australian Hobby last weekend while we were camped on the banks of the Murray at Waikerie . It helped made a relaxing trip even more enjoyable.
        I also had good views of a Brown Quail, White-browed Babbler and nesting Variegated wrens with 3 eggs in the nest.  The male Variegated Wren is a superb looking bird.  This was a lifer for me.
        There were also plenty of Caspian Terns cruising up the river and smaller terns as well which I was not able to ID properly. Little Terns maybe ?

Peter.

Peter Pfeiffer
Technical Officer
School of Chemistry, Physics and Earth Sciences
Flinders University of South Australia
GPO Box 2100
Adelaide  SA  5001

ph: + 61-8-8201 2095