birding-aus

Brown-headed Honeyeater activity

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Brown-headed Honeyeater activity
From: Barry McLean <>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 03 10:36:37 +1000
Hi all,

Observed some Brown-headed Honeyeaters harvesting fur from a kangaroo lying
down in glorious sunshine yesterday morning, here on our property near Violet
Town. It probably happens often but it is the first time that I have seen it.

Fantail cuckoo/s heard calling on most days at present and I am fairly certain
that I heard a Pallid Cuckoo call in Violet Town on Sept 10; just once though.

In recent days Yellow-faced Honeyeaters have become more numerous, a
Mistletoebird and Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike have been seen and a Rufous
Whistler and a Western Gerygone have been vocal, all after long absences.
'Our' Collared Sparrowhawks have also arrived, hopefully to nest again and a
couple of Brown Falcon are active and noisy on the neighboring property.

Enjoy

         Barry & Roberta McLean
         03 57981213
         0418 584433