birding-aus

Western Treatment Plant Werribee Victoria

To: Shirley Cameron <>
Subject: Western Treatment Plant Werribee Victoria
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:27:23 +1000

Whoa!!! A massive front just came through from the South West from the Otways and put Geelong into almost cyclonic conditions lasting  for about 5 minutes. According to BOM it looks as if Melbourne will be being hit shortly, and it will be over the WTP as i speak.

This webcam might catch some of the conditions....hopefully the ducks on Lake Borrie anticipate its arrival!

Peter

Shirley Cameron <>
Sent by:

19/09/2003 10:04 AM

Birding Aus <>
cc
Subject
[BIRDING-AUS] Western Treatment Plant Werribee Victoria

Waders are returning everyday.  Some of the Red-necked stint in particular are still in breeding colour.  The birds must be very hungry; they are eating in a most frenetic manner.

Finding the Australasian Bittern is a challenge; it seems to be in the ponds at the eastern end of the Plant, in the Conservation Lagoon, Borrow Pits or the other wet areas nearby.

There 7 Glossy Ibis and they are mobile too, Monday in the Borrow Pits, yesterday in the Ponds at Paradise Road.   When the avocet are not in the Paradise Road Ponds they seem to congregate out in the Bay at the main outlet to the west of the Bird Hide.

A web cam has been placed on the Plant, I find the picture most difficult to see but you may give those who are unable to visit our wonderful areas some idea of where we spend a lot of our time.   www.melbournewater.com.au/webcam

Has anyone seen the brolgas lately?

Shirley Cameron
Werribee