birding-aus

Banyule Flats, Rosanna (metropolitan Vic)

To: "" <>
Subject: Banyule Flats, Rosanna (metropolitan Vic)
From: "Mules, Michael" <>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 09:59:08 +1000
Spent a short hour or so at Banyule Flats (along the Yarra River, Rosanna) yesterday morning.  It was too windy for decent watching, but was interesting none the less.   The lagoon is nicely full, and now has shoveller and Black-winged Stilt on it, as well as all the usual suspects, and a Peregrine Falcon on the dead trees in the middle of the water.  The ubiquitous Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoos were there, but they are a common sight right along the Yarra these days.  Also met up with a lovely lady out birding whose name I didn't catch, but if you're on this list, hello, and I hope you found the Buff-banded Rail.

All up, 37spp. for the morning

Hoary-headed Grebe
Black Swan
Black Duck
Grey Teal
Chestnut Teal
Australasian Shoveller
Hardhead
Little Pied Cormorant
Cattle Egret
Peregrine Falcon
Buff-banded Rail
Dusky Moorhen
Coot
Purple Swamphen
Black-winged Stilt
Sulphur-crested Cockatoo
Galah
Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo
Rainbow Lorikeet
Red-rumped Parrot
Superb Fairy-wren
Brown Thornbill
White-browed Scrubwren
Noisy Miner
Bell Miner
Red Wattlebird
Grey Shrike-thrush
Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike
Australian Magpie
Grey Butcherbird
Little Raven
Magpie-lark
Willy Wagtail
Fairy Martin
Welcome Swallow
Starling
Common Mynah

Regards,
Michael Mules

Carey Baptist Grammar School
Kew Campus
349 Barkers Road Kew Victoria Australia 3101
Telephone: +61 3 9816 1325
Facsimile: +61 3 9816 1263

www.carey.com.au