birding-aus

Red Kites

To: <>
Subject: Red Kites
From: "wendy" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 02:49:45 +1000
Yes,
they were lovely.
I was however a bit confused by the  ....
wow this amazing bird has moved to the area, maybe they will even nest.
Twitchers arrive to look
Building is torched

Then the guy is releasing the birds out of big cardboard boxes.  (Hardly a suitable carry case for an endangered/rare sp. I would have thought!?)
Did I miss the explanation for this. Why was he releasing birds from cardboard boxes? Or was there no explanation of this??
Was it a crude plot device so the adults don't find out about the tie pin evidence until next week??
wendy