birding-aus

OBP at Maroubra

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: OBP at Maroubra
From: cbrandis <>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 17:09:02 +1000
Went early today, Thursday, was there for about an hour and met Davie Mitford and the Reidys. Looked for a while and about 8.15 am saw the bird inside a heath bush about 5 m off the track. I was looking directly into a hole in the bush and the bird must have moved for me to spot it as it was well camouflaged. Unfortunately it flew off as the others tried to get around to see into the bush. We could not re-locate the bird even though it appeared to go into a small patch of heath. As I was about 20 m away with only bins and the bird was facing me with feathers over most of the legs I could not see if there were any bands.
Left the Reidys searching for a better look.
Thanks to all the original observers as this saved me a trip to Swan Island, for the forth time.
Cheers Chris