birding-aus

'Digiscoping'

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: 'Digiscoping'
From: "Gordon Brook" <>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:45:19 +1000
Hello Everyone

I am always reluctant to send mail to Birding-aus as it comes close to advertising but when I see people discussing subjects with which I am familiar, I feel I want to help. My first passion is watching birds and that has been the case for 40+ years. This is followed closely by assisting other birders to make the right choice when selecting optics for birding.

I have just spent two months in the UK and most of that time included using (and testing) the new Swarovski ATS80 HD with a 30x fixed lens and coupled to a Nikon Coolpix 4500 via an EagleEye adaptor.

I chose the camera as it is quite clearly the very best for 'digiscoping' at this time. It certainly turned out to be the case and a delight to use. The images in TIFF format from the high resolution setting are fabulous and even the JPEG shots at the higher level (lowest amount of compression) are very good indeed.

The EagleEye adaptor is nicely engineered and there are designs for various cameras and telescopes.

Anyone wanting more information please contact me directly for details.

One of my personal highlights in the UK was seeing Crossbills in Larches near Lambley in Northumberland. We went to the Farne Islands and saw a great variety of sea birds including Puffins.

Best Wishes

Gordon
Ninox Binoculars & Telescopes

(02) 6649 1077