birding-aus

Swift Parrots, Penrith NSW - update

Subject: Swift Parrots, Penrith NSW - update
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:06:11 +1000
As I was in the area again I checked out the Swift Parrots yesterday
afternoon in the grounds of Nepean Hospital, Penrith. This time there are
at least 30, possibly closer to 50, feeding on lerp in Grey Box and other
eucalypt species.

Congratulations to the Blue Mountains WIRES team for the successful release
of "their" Swiftie back there yesterday.

Penrith is 50km west of Sydney CBD, at the foot of the Blue Mountains.

Cheers

Carol