birding-aus

Kelp Gull & Beach Stone-curlews, 1770

Subject: Kelp Gull & Beach Stone-curlews, 1770
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 20:36:14 +1000

Hi All,

A friend of mine rang me tonight and asked if I could report his sightings to
Birding Aus.

John and Hazel were on holiday at the township of 1770, Queensland and had
booked in on one of the Eco-tours of the local area.  The tour consisted of
travel to Eurambula National Park by Lark ( for those that don't know a Lark
is a type of amphibious vehicle ).  The guide being very knowledgable of the
area delighted them by taking them to within 4 feet of a pair of Beach Stone-
curlews.  This occurred on 8th of May and to top off the holiday John was
fortunate enough to see and photograph a Sub-adult Kelp Gull the next day
while he was cleaning the fish he had caught earlier that day.

Regards
John and Hazel Noyce
via Glenn McRae