birding-aus

Crow identification

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Crow identification
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 19:24:17 +1000
g'day all,

Comparison Table

Don Hadden raised the question of identifying Torresian vs Little Crows

To help ID 3 corvids, I have compiled a comparison table (in MS Word format) comparing the Qld Corvids i.e. Australian Raven, Little & Torresian Crows.

I would be happy to send it to anyone who contacts me.

It has not been checked out by the "experts" so I would appreciate constructive feedback.

Regards
Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.
Subject: [BIRDING-AUS] Crow identification
.... Can anyone tell me if they are Torresian or Little?
.... I have found it difficult to distinguish between the two species so if an Australian expert can pin it down for me I'd be grateful. ...Don Hadden