birding-aus

Help Please

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Help Please
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:59:24 -0700 (PDT)
G'day Valerie, could I ask you to be a little more exact in what you are requesting please?

Do you mean worldwide or in the narrow minded thinking Australia? so many Aussies flatten the land to build homes then don't replant native trees and plants then they wonder "Where did all my wild birds go?"

To many dumb and silly Ozzies think we shouldn't feed wild birds but fail to answer the responsibility and onus question about what their lifestyle is doing to Oz wildlife. An interesting 3am ABC show this morning on something similar to that. Sherbrooke Forrest, Victoria residents that changed the ways of CAT owners who blindly put "Tiddles" out at nght then asked where have all the Lyrebirds gone?

Many overseas folk know the damage they have done and are doing merely by being a human (without cats dogs etc etc) and it's now a massive business overseas. Apart from dogs and cats let out on the loose at night it's scarey to think about the land we've all changed and bring pressure to change. What building roads and railways, airports actually does and is doing is reallt scarey.

This city slicker human said all that.

Let me know what aspect you want on wild bird feeding and I'll gladly help if I can. I've got lots of info on feeding wild birds and web sites for you just let me know what your actually searching for and this Google eyed one will gladly help you.

JAG wanders off to the book launch "Foothills to Foreshore" by Cathie and Peter Strickland.

Valerie Curtis <> wrote:

Can any of you well-informed people out there tell me if there is any
published information on the impact of artificial feeding on native bird
species? Are there any web sites I can visit to get this information from? Hope I get swamped with replies.

Do you Yahoo!?