birding-aus

Glow wing report

To: birding aus <>
Subject: Glow wing report
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 17:40:31 -0700 (PDT)
G'day all and MT,

I have just finished a very long and glowing report on the Ballarat and Bendigo area's for good birding in Oz.

Foolishly I added a small piece about how idyllic the weather is when wandering around this part of of the world.

Apparently they had an F2 "Tornado" in Bendigo ... I hope everyone is okay up there?

My fifty or so tree sparrows were this early am crammed along the outside of my kitchen window ledge, seated like watching the UK soccer final. I was washing up and the early morning TV News was on which they were watching through the window. I quickly put my saucer on top of my tea cup. Pelicans down near the pier all seem fine today as to the 14 Local Rainbow Lorikeets. Had a small gathering of Eastern Rosella last week cleaning and preening getting ready for thee O/S visitors, very very cheep qantas airfares. They were in the locally "framed" huge red flowering gum tree outside the legal eagles shop.

JAG, who is BIG enough, OLDE enough, UGLY enough to take care of himself and if they pick on me then fine it means they leave others alone.
Toddles off for the day to do some woodwork, thinks I'll make a new head for MT.

Do you Yahoo!?