birding-aus

Public cheap shots.

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Public cheap shots.
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 22:19:52 +0930
I would be the first to admit that there are some  people on this net whose content proves to be of little value or interest to me and whose mail I routinely delete without reading.  There is other mail the titles of which get a similar response from me.   One such thread is the never ending debate (??- gee, that's rating it a bit high) over bird banding which comes up over and over ad nauseam and never gets anywhere because people seem determined to remain poles apart in their (often ) emotional outbursts.   I usually choose to ignore the above and just go delete, delete, delete.
No doubt there are others who do the same to mail from me. C'est la vie.
However,  a type of mail which actually does cause me some annoyance is that which seeks to publicly criticise other net contributors whilst hiding behind such puerile nom de plumes as Night Parrot, Pipe Down, Jag Dag, etc .
Look, I don't see anything wrong with letting another person know that you don't appreciate their mail, that's everyone's prerogative, but to do it in public in this way without being prepared to reveal one's identity is a form of cowardice fit only for the lowest form of life.
If you have something to say but don't wish to identify yourself then for goodness sake show some sense of decency and mail it in private. But if you absolutely believe that your comments should be in the public domain then stop being so gutless and put your name to your snide comments.

Tony Russell.