birding-aus

Redwood Park - Toowoomba

Subject: Redwood Park - Toowoomba
From: "Nicholas Talbot" <>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 18:59:56 +1000
Hi all,
Thanks very much to the local birdwatchers who responded to my recent FOI. I managed about an hour or so in Redwood Park at around 7.30am on Friday(9/5). It's a really good site apart from the traffic noise which I had been warned about. The only mystery was a pale raptor gliding between the trees with an obvious fan shape to the tail. It was off before I got the binoculars onto it.
Nick

Eastern Yellow Robin
Peaceful Dove
Spotted Pardalote (seemed to have a very orange/brown rump compared to the SA birds)
Eastern Whipbird (best view was of a male just coming into adult plumage)
Golden Whistler
Lewin's Honeyeater
Yellow Faced Honeyeater
Mistletoe Bird
Silvereye
Variegated Fairy Wren
Grey Shrike Thrush
Striated Pardalote (one flew out of a nest in an earth bank and was joined by its mate in a tree)
Grey Fantail
Black faced Cuckoo Shrike
White Throated Treecreeper (heard)
White browed Scrub Wren