birding-aus

migrating species

To: <>
Subject: migrating species
From: "Teresa Blunt" <>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:43:17 +1000
HI Mark

In relation to crested shrike tits turning up, while working in Lamington NP, I only saw crested shrike tits a couple of times where i was stationed. Speaking to other people, apparently they aren't seen very often in general, and when we did see them it was only in a particular area, but i'm talking 2 times a year, and this is an area where all of us as guides spent alot of time. This may suggest that in this area (Lamimgton) they are locally nomadic. I have no evidence for this other than what I've stated but I can tell you I looked hard for them wherever I went, but a hard one to see in the Binna Burra area. An idea anyway.

Cheers

Dan Blunt