birding-aus

More magic at Deakin

To: <>
Subject: More magic at Deakin
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 10:16:35 +1000

This morning i again arrived at Deakin Uni for work, albeit a little late(Meanng the place was nice and quiet). Walking down the path between the main pond and the library, a burst of amazing colour flashed in front of my eyes, literally at eye level and about 1 metre away. It landed in  a six foot high gum shrub lining the path and began feeding. Stealthfully aligning myself to get a good few, i finally saw it.... A SWIFT PARROT!!! What a wonderful. magical  place Deakin is. : )

Another one was in a taller gum nearby. I'll have another  look soon, to see how many have arrived.

Peter