birding-aus

O.Pratincole at W.T.P., Werribee, Vic ... this might help?

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: O.Pratincole at W.T.P., Werribee, Vic ... this might help?
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:58:08 -0700 (PDT)

G'day "Sea Celia" Thee above is a web-based map from our very own NRE and the nice folks that work there. JAG squeezing in emails during lunch before being forced to build more nesting boxes by a slave driving magpie. Gee give these magpies a little bit of power and look what happens they take away off half a mil :^D>>>

Many sincere thanks to all the brilliant "Chips off olde blocks" on this list, bless you all. PAN's around for another tablet to chisel, now where did I put that black and white bird?

Ooroo from JAG de Whag who heads off singing:

"Sea Celia, your breaking our hearts,"
"Your tearing our confidence daily,"
"Oh Sea Celia, were down on our knee's,"
"Were begging you please, to go home,"
"Go on home,"

Apologies to Simon and Garfunkel

Celia & Russell Browne <> wrote:

Four very happy birdos, Joan Airey, Meryl O'Brien, Anna Watt & myself
today (28th April) were rewarded with stunning views of the 2 Oriental
Pratincoles. First sighted at 12:30 PM when a brilliant flash of pure
white flew in, we watched them until 2:15 PM.

During that time the 2 birds preened, sat, "bobbed" often, occasionaly
flew a short distance, flew back again.

Directions: as Russell W. said, last "permit accessible" gate on the
right off Point Wilson Road. Drive thru gate a short distance only,
about 250 metres, & look into the red coloured "weedy stuff" growing on
strips of sand/earth in the large lagoon on your left. In the distance
you should be able to see a road sign on Point Wilson Road & the central small "bunker" type building.

If you come to a left hand intersection, then you've gone too far.
Note: this is NOT Austin Road as Russell thought but I'm informed is called the T-Section. Weather conditio ns were excellent, very still, calm, warm, the sun was behind us & we ate lunch, sitting on chairs with our scopes trained on the two beautiful birds. A rewarding day's birding & a big "tick" too.

Celia M. Browne

Do you Yahoo!?