birding-aus

Morcombe Guide - CORRECTION

To: Mike Tarburton <>
Subject: Morcombe Guide - CORRECTION
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 12:42:12 +1000
Thanks Mike

and sorry but you've made a mistake by omitting the "s"
after "bird".

The contact address is actually

I could not read this address on my computer - even by
searching for the page source - when I was looking it at the
website before but it has helpfully (????!) been deposited
on my computer "desktop" - and stays there in the
background!

And thanks for looking for a Pomarine Jaeger "update".  The
MM guide gives the "size" as 66-78cm compared with 41-46cm
for the Arctic Skua. Simpson and Day give 45-50 and 40-45,
Pizzey and Knight give 46-52 (incl. tail-plumes
c.10cm)/41-46 (incl. tail c.10cm or more) and the Slaters
47-55/45-52.

The Museum people must be in despair.  But the answer may
lie in the definition of "size": only in the Slaters' guide
did I quickly find a definition!

Michael Norris