birding-aus

Website update

To: <>
Subject: Website update
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 20:50:13 +1000
Hi all,
One day after announcing my renewed website I have to announce a correction to
one of the image
albums.
And after destroying numerous brain cells in the initial process!
Due to a lapse of concentration (I will put that down to impending old age) I
mistakenly identified
the image that was 002CT.jpg (in the Common Tern album) as a Common Tern,
non-breeding.
As Jill Dening quickly and extremely tactfully pointed out it was in fact a
Little Tern,
non-breeding.
I thank Jill for that and I will carefully review the other photos taken at the
same location on the
same day.
I have removed that image from that album and have replaced it with a real,
fair dinkum (as our
esteemed Prime Minister would say) Common Tern, non-breeding. The image label
is still the same at
002CT.jpg.
I would like to add the offending image to the Little Tern album for future
reference but it seems
that the way I created the albums makes it easier (but not easy) to replace
image file than to add
them. Don't try to work that out, I do know what I'm talking about :-) and will
be working on the
problem.

If I have learned one thing from this it is to look more closely at the length
of the tail in
non-breeding Little Terns and Common Terns.
Oh....and the bill and the black in front of the eye might help also......as
might the shape of the
head......and the body size....
Other than that I can easily see why I thought it was a Common Tern.

If anyone is having trouble accessing any of the images in the albums I would
like to know.
There is a rumour such a problem might exist.

Cheers
Bob Inglis
Woody Point
Australia