Female Swan

To: "Jon Wren" <>
Subject: Female Swan
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 17:16:26 +0930
I know this doesn't answer your question, but isn't the male called a cob ? - as in UK colloquial Great Black-backed Gull, which may sometimes have two b's, ie cobb.  The female is a pen.
<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>

The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely a compilation of material sent by many people to the birding-aus mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way. If you wish to get material removed from the archive or have other queries about the archive e-mail Andrew Taylor at this address: andrewt@cse.unsw.EDU.AU