birding-aus

(OT) Winter observations: AFL

To: birding aus <>
Subject: (OT) Winter observations: AFL
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:32:20 +1100
NB: This message is about FOOTBALL!

Hi all

Just your friendly List Master trying to tempt you into this year's
birding-aus footy tipping.  I have had a few requests to run the competition
again this year, so here we go (like last year, we will keep footy tipping
off the list, apart from this notice and the results at the end of season.

To join the competition, logon to
http://www.footytips.com.au
Click the COMPETITIONS link, and sign up for the Birding-Aus one.  The
password is:

aves

(well we have to have SOMETHING about birds ....)

THERE IS GOING TO BE A PRIZE this year.  If you join, you'll find out what!
Hint:  It's something from the Birding Shop!

COMPETITION TWO

For hardcore AFL birders, I'm forming a league at the AFL/VirtualSports
Dream Team comp.  You pick a team of all-stars for the year, and watch them
accumulate points for you.  There's a Week-by-Week comp as well, and the
sponsors (not me) even give BIG PRIZES!!!

Go to
http://afl.virtualsports.com.au/

And when you've signed up look for a league called

League Name : Blues Brothers        League Code : 897692

Sorry - named it in a moment of weakness - should have called it after one
of the many AFL birds (swans, crows, eagles, etc)

Hope to see some of you line up in this year's Birding-aus Footy
Competitions.

Cheers

Russell Woodford

PS (OT) means "Off-topic" post, in case you haven't figured it out....