birding-aus

BOM

Subject: BOM
From: (Russell Woodford)
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:40:19 +1100
I'm sure many Birding-Aus readers are already familiar with the great services
provided online by the Bureau of Meteorology.  It's always handy to know what's
happening in the weather - especially when you're looking for things like
swifts.Last night I'd heard reports of storms and hail across the south-west of
Victoria.  We still had clear skies in Geelong, although Barwon Heads (only
about 20Km away) was getting soaked.I had a quick look at the BOM website at
one stage during the night, and was surprised to see on their 10-minute
rainfall radar map that the band of showers was just about right on top of me.
So I went out to look at the sky and ... Voila!  Rain at last.  Those of you
who enjoy watching the weather and its changes should find this site a great
way to soak up your time when you're not out
birding!http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/CheersRussell---Russell WoodfordMusic &
Information TechnologySacred Heart College
http://web.shc.
 melb.catholic.edu.au/music/auralonline.htmlVCE Music Mailing List:
 email and any attachments may be
confidential and if you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose
or use the information in this email. If received in error, please notify us
immediately and delete the email and all copies. The College does not guarantee
that this email is virus or error free. The attached files are provided, and
may only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any
loss, damage or consequence resulting directly from the use of the attached
files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The content and
opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the College.