birding-aus

Laughing Gull 2003 update 14

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Laughing Gull 2003 update 14
From: "Trevor Ford" <>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:54:52 +1000
G'day,

A quick update for anyone intending to visit Bribie Island this weekend and
hoping to see the Laughing Gull.  The last report that I have is from
Saturday February 8th when, at 4.30pm, it was on the sand spit adjacent to
Buckley's Hole.  It had been near the Bongaree jetty (by Scoopy's) earlier
in the day.  During this past week, on most days, I have visited the areas
previously favoured by the bird but have not had a glimpse.  But it has gone
awol for days at a time in the past, so who knows if it is still in the
general area.  As I'm participating in Paul Walbridge's seabird extravaganza
on Saturday, I won't be on Bribie.  If anyone else succeeds in finding the
gull, please let me know.

All the consolation coffee at Scoopy's is good fun, though!

Cheers - Trevor.