birding-aus

Crested Dove Baby

To: <>
Subject: Crested Dove Baby
From: "Purcell's" <>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:46:43 +1100
Hello all,
This afternoon my Dad rescued a Crested Dove Baby out of a fallen branch, the other baby had died. We have put it in a shoebox, with a soft cloth and have been trying to feed it with water and mushed up bread on our fingers, even to the point of trying to force its beak open.
It's reasonably developed, with feather shafts opening up, and only a little of the down left showing.
I was wondering if anyone would have any ideas on how to feed it, or care for it.