birding-aus

RFI fruiting figs

To: <>
Subject: RFI fruiting figs
From: Syd Curtis <>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:29:58 +1000
I have already sent this message to Michael, but there may be others
interested.  I should have copied it to birding-aus, so here it is.

> From: "michael hunter" <>

> Hullo All.
> Does anyone have any information re the fruiting season of
> figtrees in Northern NSW/Southern Qld ?
> TIA
> Michael

   Species                                      Fruit ripe

Ficus coronata, creek sandpaper fig         December to March
F. fraseri,     sandpaper fig               May to September
F. macrophylla  Moreton bay Fig             Over several months of the year
F. obliqua      small-leaved fig            March to June
F. platypoda    rock fig                    March to July
F. superba var. henna   deciduous fig       November to January
F. virens       white fig                   July to September
F. watkinsiana  strangling fig              September to April

Source:  "Fragments of Green - An Identification Field Guide for Rainforest
Plants of the Greater Brisbane Region to the Border Ranges" by Janet Hauser
and Jan Blok, Second Edition, 1998, (440 pages).  Published by the
Australian Rainforest Conservation Society, 19 Colorado Avenue, Bardon,  Q.
4065.

Syd