birding-aus

Spell checker and bushfires reply

Subject: Spell checker and bushfires reply
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:23:36 -0800 (PST)

I quite agree with you young Peter, re: Peter said: Bush Fires do on first encounters seem disasterous, destructive and a little sinister, but they are part of the natural process to restore life and balance to the bush.

Yes Peter, this is a well known fact BUT, when the bush fire event is added to by the thoughtless actions of young humans then the bush DOESN'T get it's natural recovery rate, regrowth time, species dissapear into oblivion this way.

Plus add on the man made drought factor, throw in a little bit of salinity and look at the small tastier entree we are now getting.

JAG waddles off till tamarra, I wonder if Eggy likes see food entree? :^D>>> why I am feeling so peckish? Ooh goody I'm going to get a good cup of Tee Pee soon

 :^D>>>

"Philip A. Veerman" <> wrote:

Yeah, yeah, of course I know all that. I was attempting to include some levity in the situation.

Yes probably regeneration is beautiful. That wasn't the point.

Philip

h Fires do on first encounters seem disasterous, destructive and a little sinister, but they are part of the natural process to restore life and balance to the bush.

Just wait a few months and see the true beauty that firing of the bush has to offer....fresh shoots....new growth...and all the birds and animals returning to enjoy the bounty!

Lets just hope law makers don't see it beneficial to bull doze and continue to clear these areas.

Peter.

Do you Yahoo!?