birding-aus

Spreading seeds ....... A fine group finally met .... break a leg Sean

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Spreading seeds ....... A fine group finally met .... break a leg Sean
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:04:05 -0800 (PST)

G'day All,

I had the pleasure yesterday afternoon of walking part of the new Hastings Boardwalk with MIN and his beaut friends from Edithvale.

As we walked .... chatted ...... joked ...... I realised I must have left my grey cells indoors as well as my much needed hat, no longer a hard hat for a Hardhead eh, sorry ducks. I believe Mike Norris took some photo's of some unusual plants that local councillor Snez Plunkett first noticed a while ago and then had an ID made by the Arthur Rylah institute? they seem to be spreading along the boardwalk in a southerly direction or should I say close to the boardwalk area in a southerly direction? they are rather pretty when in flower but it is a concern to me as to why they seem to be growing in many new locations and at what seems to me to be a fast spread rate? are they small bird safe?

Seen whilst we joked were Swamp Harriers, white faced Herons, Ibis, Spoonbills, Chats and many other local small bird species, pelicans etc., etc. It would appear that the construction of the NEW boardwalk created very little if any? enviro damage, well done to all re: this superb boardwalk educational tool. Would be nice if we had some, at different locations along the walk, covered over sections? oh well we can always remember to take our own personal protection eh? must get a sun umbrella.

We saw what at first glance looked like a toadfish? but upon further checking it's the first time I've seen a toadfish with such unusual colour markings? I'll check further on this fishy issue.

Lastly can I wish Sean all the best for tonight, I told MIN not to take too any old Tomato's okay :^D>>>

Ooroo all have a beaut day, John A. Gamblin with lobster forehead glowing in the dark. Silly me .... silly silly silly.

Do you Yahoo!?