birding-aus

Ozbirdpix - New Australasian Image site

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Ozbirdpix - New Australasian Image site
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:20:59 +1000
Hi All,

With the popularity of the "Birds-Pix" list I thought that it would be a good idea to kick off a similar site for Australasian bird photographers and 'digiscopers'.
I have therefore created a new Yahoo groups mailing-list called "Ozbirdpix"

I am intending to create an Australasian Image Database similar to the Oriental Bird Club Image Database (see http://www.indiabirds.com/obc ) which we created with the assistance of Vijay Cavale and the OBC earlier this year (2002) and would like to see images of a similar quality on this, so from the contents of this mailing-list we should be able to make a great start.

After subscribing If you are not aware that you do not have to receive attachments as emails, you can modify your settings on the "Edit my membership"  page on Ozbirdpix to view only on the 'web.....go to "Message Delivery" and click   No email.  Don't send me email, I'll read the messages at the Web site.

When attaching images try to keep the size as below 100 kbytes with the maximum side 600 pixels or less. (Don't forget to add some text with a copyright symbol.....I've occasional found my images 'borrowed' and inserted on non-birding websites.

The image that I've attached with this message is 30kbytes with a max length of 500 pixels.
(If you need any assistance with editing programs such as Photoshop, I will be glad to help, where I can.)

Look forward to seeing some great Australasian bird images, in the 'not-so-distant' future!
Tom
--
Tom & Marie Tarrant
Lot 10 (137) Watson Rd