birding-aus

Tattler in SE Melbourne (and Black-tailed Native-hen)

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Tattler in SE Melbourne (and Black-tailed Native-hen)
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 13:32:17 +1100
A Grey-tailed Tattler was seen for about an hour, resting on
one small rock surrounded by water at high tide this
morning.  I was looking for a Common Sandpiper but this from
a distance seemed bigger, greyer...  Later seen by me and
Moira Longden from 30m.

Location: beach with a seawall slightly east of Sparks St
Beaumaris.

Last year there was one at Ricketts Point from 17 to 23
December.

Michael Norris
Bayside Friends of Native Wildlife

PS There is still one Black-tailed Native-hen at Elsternwick
Park.