birding-aus

Re; Western Treatment Plant/Shirley Cameron

Subject: Re; Western Treatment Plant/Shirley Cameron
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 07:45:31 EST
Hello Folks,
     I am sorry to be posting this message to the entire list, but I have been unsuccessful at contacting Shirley Cameron re: birding at the Western Treatment Plant near Melbourne.  I will post the entire message here that I have been trying to send to her for several days at:   If anyone can help with advice on how to contact Ms. Cameron, we would be very grateful!  Thanks very much,
Bill Benner
Old Brookville, NY, USA

Hello Shirley,
     We corresponded several months ago about a trip that myself and 3 friends are making to Australia this coming January.  You had suggested that you might be available for birding at the Werribee Treatment Plant on 20 January, and I am writing to see if this is still true.  I would also like a piece of advice, if you don't mind.  We are spending 13-19 Jan with Phil Maher in the interior, then we fly out of Melbourne the morning of 21 Jan to Tasmania and Bruny Island.  Our original itinerary has us driving to Melbourne from Deniliquin on the morning of the 20th--do you think there would be any time left for birding at Werribee at the end of that day?  Alternatively, we are considering changing our itinerary in the interior so that we will end up in the Beechworth area the afternoon of the 19th, and could then drive to Melbourne either that afternoon/evening or the following morning.  Phil and Patricia Maher have assured us t hat this second option will still provide us with adequate time for birding the interior;  we are concerned now with how long a drive it is to Melbourne, and whether we will actually have time and access to be able to bird at Werribee on the 20th.  We are hoping for some species that we won't be seeing in the interior, or on Tasmania, or at O'Reilly's, which is the third leg of our trip.
     Thank you very much--your help is very much appreciated--
Bill Benner
Old Brookville, NY, USA

Ron French
Don McClintock