birding-aus

Tramp adventure

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Tramp adventure
From: "Matt Hughes" <>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 22:39:29 +1100
Hello,
I remember a few items about birding from chairs. Can I suggest the trampoline as well ? - especially for late Spring / Summer. It gives a great relaxing view for white throated needle tails as well as birds of prey ( as well as all sorts of odd things that inhabit the sky) - but watch out for kids! Last night whilst rumbling with Aly & Ryley on the backyard tramp (Ryley has some great & dangerous moves!) we marvelled at the cloud patterns (long thin waves moving together) when along came our first needle tails for the season (about 20-25 in all not hanging around). Joy for me but 'oh no not the binoclears' from the dynamic duo. Bins & me still intact - luckily Madison was at the gym doing serious tramp stuff otherwise we all would've had a workout!
regards Matt
Blaxland NSW