birding-aus

Incidental sightings in Mulgoa Valley

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Incidental sightings in Mulgoa Valley
From: "Michael J Hunter" <>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 19:29:12 +1100
 Evening All,

 Over the last couple of weeks, while unfortunately occupied otherwise than
birding, flushed a NIGHT HERON from a tree along our drive, noticed a
WHITE-NECKED HERON on a dam, and a SWAMP HARRIER and LITTLE EAGLE circling
overhead.
 Also a line of vertical holes in the mud just above the waterline in the
main dam, up to 0.5cm diameter, 1.5 to 3.5 cm deep, possibly reflecting the
depth of soft mud, spaced about 2.0cm apart, probe holes put in by a Rail or
passing Wader I would guess. Any suggestions as to what it might have been?
                             Cheers
                                  Michael

Michael Hunter
Mulgoa Valley