birding-aus

Re: Nest Box builders ......

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Re: Nest Box builders ......
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:02:15 -0800 (PST)

G'day All,

I thought this might interest several people on the world's best list .....

The Timber Promotion Council has launched its ecoSelect brand for hardwood
timber which provides a guarantee to consumers that it has been harvested from
sustainably managed natural forests.

To gain the ecoSelect brand, timber must be harvested in accordance with 27
Acts of State and Federal parliament and associated regulations that govern the
industry and protection of forest regeneration, biodiversity and native fauna.

I've also had some success with an artificial nest of sorts? I found an olde and unworthy "beanie" ... hand knitted woolen cap ... and used it with a wire coat hanger ring run around the top of the arty-nest. Supported the new nest site with plastic coated wire (dark blue in colour). Then rehung it close to their old location.

Mr. and Mrs Magpie Lark have taken to it after their home was displaced with very young ones on board. All seem to be doing well ...... 4 young ones inside.

I'll show Unca Tones we he gets back from Tassie.

Oh yeah that olde and unworthy beanie happened to be a Carlton beanie so no big loss eh :^D>>> hehehe

Ooroo all JAG going to get some film.

Do you Yahoo!?