birding-aus

Bugbear and an ex-bugbear

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Bugbear and an ex-bugbear
From: "Paul Taylor" <>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 10:25:54 +1000
The actual sender of this virus appears to be an OzEmail/UUNet user on
the Sunshine Coast, whose computer is called "compaq":

> From:  Michael Todd <>
> Subject:  [BIRDING-AUS] Booligal Chatting
> Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 10:12:24 +1000

On birding matters, Baillon's Crake(s) are still showing well at
Fyshwick Sewage Ponds in Canberra.  I've seen two together, but
usually just one.  I last saw one around 6pm last night, in the
southeast corner of Pond #6.  (The map with pond numbers is inside
the lid of the visitor's book stand in the carpark at the southern
end off Dairy Flat Road.)  Also of interest were five Whiskered Terns
over Pond #1, and a Whistling Kite feeding on a fish head.